< Back to job listing
Director, Central Procurement Office
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and review procurement policies and procedures to ensure they support the strategic business objectives and are aligned with the Principals of Procurement.
- Collate data and information to generate periodic updates to Senior Management on procurement contribution, progress and vendor landscape/challenges faced in acquiring the necessary systems and resources to support the organization.
- Provide guidance and build the procurement team and internal business units' capability in procurement strategy and vendor engagement through coaching and mentoring.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs of assets acquisition, improve turnaround time and to deliver better overall value to internal customers.
- Proactively oversee the procurement functions across the organisation and support in working with the various business units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accountancy/Finance, or Information Technology.
- More than 10 years of experience in a purchasing role (Management position).
- Possess strong negotiation and influencing skills with excellent project management and organisational skills, including ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Results oriented with demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentation.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and proficient with syndicated data interpretation and analysis to provide value added insights to category managers.
- Ability to interact with Senior Management to articulate procurement strategy to garner buy-in support.
- Able to work independently and deliver results on time.
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653
Consultant | EA Reg No:
Jace Wang Jing Lin | R1113653