- Responsible for innovation (developing new product-market combinations) and adaptation (fine-tuning of existing product-market combinations) relevant to the R&G/ Beans product line.
- Responsible for managing the Brazil Application Centre
- Creates a relevant pipeline of innovations and product prototypes in R&G/ Beans products and develops product adaptations.
- Maintains the long-term view and scouts the horizon for scientific developments, tests their relevance for R&G/ Beans and translates them into new R&D initiatives
- Leads the R&G/ Beans R&D organisation to understand, propose, create and share new technology relevant to the product offering and to develop the product offering.
- Scopes R&D projects by assessing R&D program proposals and provides advise to the Head of R&D
- Executes R&D projects by leading the program delivery, monitoring progress and bring responsible for cost management through the full life cycle of the project.
- Proposes the technical product architecture of the R&G/ Beans product offering and identifies opportunities to innovate and optimize
- Manages and directs the company’s Applications Centre in Brazil
- Manages and builds R&G/ Beans R&D teams to ensure continued delivery of innovation.
- Manages talent management within the team to find future senior management of R&G/ Beans and the company and leads best practice setting
- Degree in food related technical field, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry and/or Chem Eng)
- More than 10 years proven track record in the food industry (R&D and Operations)
- More than 5 years organization development and people management
- Interaction and influence at a senior business level
- Experience in food safety, consumer insights, product/ process design and commercialization
- Broad technical knowledge if food categories processes, technologies, ingredients and formulae
- Broad business knowledge and integration of Marketing, operation and research strategies
- Strong relationships with suppliers and 3rd party manufacturers
- Sound understanding of food safety, legal, environmental and regulatory parameters
- Solid understanding of consumer insights, market structure
- Proven understanding of the commercialization process
- Based in JB, Malaysia
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653