< Back to job listing
Regional Senior Manager, Quality (Based in JB, Malaysia)
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Responsible for the control and establishment of the company’s quality framework and for defining, developing and maintaining compliance standards in the R&D organization with regard to Scientific Affairs and Regulatory Affairs (SARA) and Safety, Health & environmental (SHE). Responsible for the Consumer Care policy and organisation (helpdesk for consumers).
- Manages the translation of central quality policies, requirements and procedures into the R&D organization and thereby develop quality guidelines and standards applied to R&D processes and procedures.
- Develops and implements design quality standards that define the product’s operational requirements.
- Responsible for Consumer Care
- Develops and implements SARA and SHE (including regulation regarding food safety, sanitation, allergens, safety and environment) compliance standards in the R&D organization.
- Manages the audit and control function that monitors quality guidelines and SARA and SHE compliance standards.
- Ensures future compliance of SARA (compiling scientific evidence on product safety, efficacy and quality and tracking relevant legislation and pending industry changes) and SHE (monitoring global, regional and local developments on sustainability and waste and monitoring research related health effects resulting from coffee consumption).
- Manages consumer response by initiating product recalls in alignment with the responsible Executive Committee member.
- Degree in food related technical field (eg, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry and/or Chem Eng)
- Deep understanding of quality systems and food safety, legal, environmental and regulatory parameters
- Broad technical knowledge of food categories processes, technologies, ingredients and formulae
- Broad business knowledge and integration of Marketing, Operation and Research strategies
- Strong relationships with outside partners (suppliers, 3rd party manufacturers)
- Proven understanding of the commercialization process
- 20 years proven track record in the food industry (R&D and Operations)
- 10 years organisation development and people management.
- Interaction and influence at a senior business level.
- Extensive experience in Quality Systems and food safety
- Awareness of consumer insights, product/process design and commercialization
Jace Wang Jing Lin, R1113653
Consultant | EA Reg No:
Jace Wang Jing Lin | R1113653