< Back to job listing
Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Specialist (JB, Malaysia)
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
The Scientific and Regulatory Affairs (SARA) specialist works within a team of specialists on scientific and regulatory topics related to beverage products. The specialist ensures all products and processes are compliant with the applicable regulatory requirements, company guidelines and policies.
The team is spread across the globe with a central base in Europe and supports local and global project teams and technology platforms in the development of new products and processes. The different team members liaise with external bodies and associations on scientific and regulatory affairs.
Reports to: R&D SARA manager Asia Pacific
- Ensure food legal compliance of materials, processes and products.
- Monitor and anticipate on upcoming regulatory changes, communicate to relevant stakeholders and support up to date company position papers
- Assess scientific and regulatory opportunities to support growth.
- Coordinate, develop and approve product declarations including nutrition profiling and claims.
- Provide regulatory guidance and scientific support to R&D and Marketing.
- Maintain and improve Specification Management System
- Bachelor/Master in Science, Nutrition, Food Chemistry, Food Technology, Food Science
- Knowledge of food legislation
- Considerable understanding of nutrition science and food safety
- Understanding of product development, ingredients, manufacturing and business processes.
This is a regional role based in Malayisa, JB with 40% travelling to Thailand.
12 months contract role with possibility for conversion.
Consultant | EA Reg No:
Jace Wang Jing Lin | R1113653