< Back to job listing
Senior Electrical Design Engineer (VA/VE)
Oil & Gas, Energy & Engineering
- Review, new idea generations & execute Product Life Cycle saving opportunities on existing products.
- Design electrical controls for instrumentation
- Assist in activities to ensure that manufacturing, installation, and operational testing conform to engineering specifications
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Design microcomputers utilizing board level hardware design with 8/16/32 bit embedded micro controllers
- Design temperature control circuits
- Design small motor controls and positioning circuits
- Data acquisition of analog signals from sensor transducers to A/D conversion
- Schematic capture using ORCAD, PCB layout, and PLD/CPLD/VHDL/FPGA design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of electronic design engineering experience with scientific instrumentation in a manufacturing/production environment. Candidate with longer years of relevant experiences and demonstrated ability to lead team projects may be considered for Principal Engineer position.
- PCB/circuit design experience is a must. E.g. OrCAD, Xilinx FPGA tools, PADS PCB or equivalent
- Experience in digital design and verification on FPGAs, CPLDs, TTL/ECL/CMOS logic is a must
- Experience in analog/mixed signal. E.g. high speed amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, comparators & filters
- Experience in low voltage regulators, high voltage power supplies & motor drivers.
- Experience in system design is preferable. E.g. motor motion control, sensor/PMT interfacing, PC/microcontroller architecture & programming, USB & CAN communications
- General understanding of agency & safety testing to support regulatory instrument markings
- Excellent system & module level trouble shooting/root cause analysis experience
- Energetic, results-driven individual with excellent organizational, communication & prioritization skills
- Aptitude to lead projects; working with cross functional team members to deliver results. Possess project management skill sets is a plus.
- Candidates with VA/VE experience will be preferred
Jocelyn Ho Wen Mun (R1658156)
Consultant | EA Reg No:
Jocelyn Ho Wen Mun | R1658156