< Back to job listing
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - VA/VE
Oil & Gas, Energy & Engineering
- Part of the Product Lifecycle Engineering team, responsible for redesigning, developing, modifying and evaluating materials, components, equipment and systems/subsystems in the area of analytical instruments.
- Performs Value Analysis/Value Engineering projects to improve the Value (Quality, Cost & Productivity) of current products.
- Performs a variety of engineering work in new idea proposals, designing, planning and overseeing the manufacture, construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of mechanisms and mechanical components, equipment, systems, facilities, and machinery.
- Machine design including covers, mechanisms, motor drives, and assorted accessories
- Design of small robotic mechanisms
- Design mechanical parts and electro-mechanical assemblies for manufacturability and serviceability in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Industrial design implementation
- Innovating / creating original mechanical parts and assemblies, analyzing design and developing prototype for verification
- Specify and evaluate product for reliability requirements through testing for application and in various environment conditions such as shock, vibration and temperature.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in a manufacturing / production environment
- Experienced user of 3D CAD drafting and PDM system; Solidworks and/or Pro-E
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the following:
- material properties and selection
- geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, tolerance analysis
- manufacturing processes (casting, forging, machining, forming, assembly, finishing, testing,
- Experience in Six Sigma, DOE, lean manufacturing techniques, capability studies, process mapping, FMEA, and root cause analysis a plus
Jocelyn Ho Wen Mun (R1658156)
Consultant | EA Reg No:
Jocelyn Ho Wen Mun | R1658156